Sunday, October 4, 2009

PLN12

In the article "Footprints in the Digital Age" by Will Richardson, what matters is that right now students are teaching themselves all about personal networking and that teachers need to catch up and start being the teachers again. It is important what we do right now in social networking while we are growing up because it will be with us forever. Being Googled when we are older by whoever is interested in seeing what we as people are all about, we basically need to have a good digital footprint and look good. "How well do you Google?"

Educationally, teachers (and parents) need to step up, start experiencing networking themselves and start being the teacher instead of watching. Teachers (and parents) need to be the ones who help students learn how to network correctly, be responsible and learn something about someone or something else, or yourself while doing it.

My parents have a blog about my soccer involvement with the US National Team so that our whole family can keep up with my activities. Personally, I am not allowed to do any social networking. My parents feel that I need to be more responsible and learn about it before I am actually involved in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment