Tuesday, May 11, 2010

PLN 31

For my last PLN of the year I am going to write about my trip to Argentina. Today I have just returned from being in Buenos Aires for the last 10 days. I was there with the US U-15 Boys National soccer team. While we were there we played 4 matches. We played 2 local club teams, and 2 other U-15 National teams (Bolivia and Argentina). Overall the coaching staff was pleased with the results. The marquee game of the trip was our match against Argentina. I was selected to be the goalkeeper for the entire game. Even though we should have won the game, it ended in a 0-0 tie. After the match I was named MVP of the game.

This matters to the world more this year than it would have last year or even next year. It matters this year because this is the year of the World Cup. Argentina is a world powerhouse in soccer. We wanted to go down there and show them what our country's future looks like. Word will get out how well we performed against one of the best countries in the world. This matters to me because I was actually selected to go and represent my country. It also matters because I did very well and hopefully the staff will call me in to be part of the U-17 Residency program this fall. If I get called into Residency I will have the chance to play in the U-17 World Cup in Mexico the fall of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment